SEN Outdoor Learning
Adventure Impact (Aim) offers specialist development programmes for vulnerable young people and those with additional needs, enabling them to discover their potential through outdoor learning.
We engage and challenge these young people using outdoor activities such as archery, canoeing, kayaking, climbing, bushcraft, biking, and many more, encouraging them to grow in confidence and develop positive aspirations.
Who do we work with?
We take referrals from schools, pupil referral units, youth offending services, social care, and other charities or youth organisations.
We work with children and young people:
- In care or the edge of care
- At risk of exclusion or excluded from school
- Not in education, employment or training
- With physical or learning disabilities or additional needs
We aim to impact children and young people’s lives by offering them regular adventure and team-building events, holidays and programmes, thereby enabling them to:
- Have fun, appreciate the outdoors and form positive memories and experiences.
- Grow self-confidence, independence and social skills by ‘learning outside the classroom ‘, giving responsibility and encouraging leadership qualities and team ethos.
- Develop advanced skills and recognise achievements through the AQA Award Scheme.
- Specifically, we aim to reduce behavioural problems, improve school attendance, education engagement, and academic performance, and prevent anti-social and offending behaviour.
The nature of the courses and course costs vary with individual programmes and requirements. We tailor our care to the needs of the individual. We are often pleased to hear how competitive our prices are.
For further information or to discuss a booking, please get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AIM Team
We know the importance of familiarity for the young people we work with. We offer a casual initial visit where we limit the number of people we introduce them to, allow them time to explore the site with us and acclimatise ahead of their first visit.
Familiarity with our staff is just as essential as familiarity with the site! Meet the team here and learn about who your young person will be spending time with!
A+ Hereford Leader