Adventure Plus has been at the forefront of providing quality adventure activities to children for 30 years. Founded in 1990 by Jon and Tessa Cox, Adventure Plus provides adventure holidays, school residentials, DofE expeditions, Team Building and a host of other exciting events to inspire and encourage young people (and adults) in Oxfordshire and across the UK.
Now based at Windmill Farm in Clanfield, West Oxfordshire, A+ is actively engaged in creating the Adventure Base, a unique – and Covid-safe, outdoor facility with ‘indoor camping’ in our ‘Cosy Timber Yurt Village’ which will enable us to welcome more than twice as many young people every year.
Located just 90 minutes from both Birmingham and London - and even closer to Oxford, Swindon, Gloucester and Bristol, we will be able to provide life-changing opportunities, and ‘Affordable Accessible Adventures’, for over 15,000 children and young people every year.
Now that the ‘Cosy Timber Yurt Village’ is established, we can turn our attention to a fabulous range of adventure and educational facilities on our 80 acre site:
- Urban Adventure Zone: Skate Park, BMX Zone & Parkour arena
- Woodland bush-craft zones
- Mountain bike skills area, on site trails and off-site routes
- Full-sized pitches for multi-use sports activities
- Indoor and outdoor climbing walls, with aerial runways
- High & low ropes courses and initiative challenges
- Mountain boarding hill with underground caving maze
- All weather archery ranges
- 4 acre’ Adventure Lake’ with bridge building, camping islands & multi-boat seal launch,
- Inland artificial Coasteering facility (the first in the UK?)
Conservation and Environmental programmes (in association with A Rocha UK) will help connect urban groups with the countryside and farming locally (where their food comes from) and teach skills that demonstrate that we can all make a difference as we learn to look after our environment.
Our approved site Master Plan replenishes the intensively farmed site with a wonderful mix of new plant, tree corridors, wetlands and reed-beds, a hill and the new lake, which will transform the current mono culture and ‘explode fresh bio-diversity’ across the site.
The A+ Conservation Team will offer practical conservation and education activities for all ages, including volunteer weekends to help with the huge, and very satisfying, tasks ahead of us, such as tree-planting, stream and ditch-clearing and hedge-laying.